Our new living room light!

Christmas Eve, while I was in a cooking, cleaning and decorating frenzy there was a knock at the door..it was our beloved Post woman on her trusty pushbike handing me a small parcel. I didn't even notice the man standing next to her clutching an over sized box and waving some documents for me to sign...durr! How did I not see this huge box? What could it be?
I read the con note and it was - MY NEW LIVING ROOM LIGHT!!!
I squealed, bolted inside, tore open the box and there it was. I had some reservations when I picked it from Buyster's huge lighting catalogue. Was it too small, do I need it to be grander, will be be over the top?
It is perfect and we are so happy with it. The space it fills is not a space that could take a grand chandelier, and I have always loved drum pendants and the organza ribbon ones I wasnt too keen on (cause they are always black and too dark for our living room), so when I seen this white one I thought it looked the part.
I am glad I went with this one. A little hint of chandelier prettiness, without the drama and a white drum shade to soften it all. It goes well with the board ceiling and the decor we have, which is simple.

This is the space at present. I had just packed away all of the Christmas things and i still have some items to bring back in, but I think you will agree it looks lovely in our living room and isn't too over the top, a little feminine and very stylish.
What do you think?
Oh, I finished the kitchen painting today and have still to add the knobs and dress it. As soon as I am done I will post photos...and the fire is still looming.
Ness xx

Blog Archive