Adventures at the AmericasMart




Atlanta has been abuzz this past week, not only due to the frigid weather (I never thought I'd say that 50 degrees was balmy) but also because of the Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishings Market that just ended.

I'm pretty certain that most of you in the design community are aware that the AmericasMart is a great resource for designers and their clients. Think of ADAC as the place to buy fabrics and wallcoverings and AmericasMart as a destination for accessories, rugs, lighting, and accent furniture. (If you own a retail shop, well then by all means you must visit the Mart, especially during market).

I spent last Friday walking through both the permanent showrooms as well as the temporary exhibits, and I spotted all kinds of fabulous things: linen, tabletop, and home fragrance, just to name a few. I even spotted a few friends and acquaintances, including my neighbors at Veranda (we work in the same office building). While there was a lot of ground to cover (and unfortunately I couldn't see it all), I did manage to take some photographs of a few lines that caught my eye. While most of these lines sell directly to retail shops and designers, you can visit their websites to locate retailers in your area.

(For more information on visiting AmericasMart, or if you're interested in exhibiting at the next Market, click here. If you're a designer, I highly recommend a visit.)




Bella Studios' pillows are so charming. I love the different shapes (flanged, box, ball), but I'm especially taken with the details- cording, ties, and knots.




Patricia Spratt For The Home is a good source for fun, casual table linens. All of the vivid prints you see above can be made into napkins, mats, cloths, and runners. Those napkins are rather Alan Campbell, don't you think?



How great is this chain link print blanket by Pendleton?



I really wish I could give you more info on these cotton blankets from Vagabond Vintage, but all of the sales reps were busy with customers (always the sign of a successful show) so I don't what the story is. I do know, though, that they'd look great on a bed or as a tablecloth.





1891 by Sferra
had some new additions to the line including these sweet printed duvet covers. A nice option if you're looking for something different from plain white linen.



If I had a home in the mountains or one in South Georgia, I would buy this SugarBoo Designs pillow in a heartbeat. Because you know, I was grown in Georgia too.




April Pride Allison of kaarsKoker was at the Mart with her popular line of candle sleeves. The detail shot shows some newly introduced prints.




More great table linens, courtesy of Simrin Textiles




Not only do I think the linens from Two Girls in Avignon are scrumptious, I'm also pining for their painted canvas backdrop.




For the pampered pooch (i.e. Alfie), stylish dog beds and chew toys from Lazy Bones Beds. And, they're made in the great state of Mississippi.



If you need to fill in some gaps in your bookshelves (not a problem for me, but it might be for some), E. Lawrence, Ltd. has leather bound and vellum covered books.




I have a Daniel Benedict Design candle, and it smells divine. And I'm usually not a fan of diffusers, but I like these leather wrapped ones. They almost look like flasks. (I know what you're thinking, and no, Daniel Benedict does not come packaged with the candles! A shame, I agree.)




home, James! has great items for the table, including these trays. I especially like the chicken wire encased in plastic.

(All images taken by Jennifer Boles)

Blog Archive