Bathroom Mini Makeover - part 2

Here is stage two of our bathroom mini makeover. Our vanity has always been an after thought in this room (actually the whole room was an after thought!) and when we first moved in, the walls were a dirty cream colour with an Indian red trim. What was in this space was just a frame with plumbing pipes that had a curtain on it to try and dickie it up for the sale...it worked! The only thing I really cared about in this room was the original cast iron claw foot tub, and the size of the room.
So this cabinet had been 'fixed' up by my beloved Dad, who made these makeshift doors out of an old wardrobe that we had dismantled so we didn't have to bother with the curtains and we could child proof it for the boys. Dad also added shelves to make it more functional for us as a family. The top of the unit was as it was. we also added the shelf and the mirror my dad made as the one that was there was about 20cm round!!! No good for putting on your face!
Basically all I have done is make it cleaner, lighter and brighter by painting the doors again with the enamel paint. I also painted the top of the unit (which is a plywood). This unit will be totally replaced with probably a table or the old sideboard we have and it will have an above counter sink..or 2!

The mirror also got a few coats of white paint, as did the long mirror and I added new wooden handles to the doors.After adding some greenery in a grey jug I bought at The Vintage Rose (for those observant ones, yes it is the same as the one Mic bought me for Christmas, except smaller) and some candles, it has taken on a totally different feel.
I also added the ampersand that I bought some time ago from White Flower Farmhouse to the mix.
This is what you see when you enter the room.
Better, I am thinking...and no money involved! You can see our laundry to the left...oh yeah, that's what else I done today...
...I gave the laundry a mini makeover too!
This is what I started with, and it wasn't that bad as I had added shelves and painted the sink surround white as it was originally Indian Red!
Once it dried (about an hour or so), I added some items to the shelves that I use all the time and I was done.
It looks much better now and eventually this space will be enclosed behind doors so it looks like a big linen closet.
I love these little shelves and the big blue container was part of an Engagement gift from my eldest Sister. I keep our washing powder in here. The little mirror and the planter that's on the top shelf were second hand store finds by my Mum and I think they look good here for the time being.

So, what do you think of stage 2 of my 'No Cost Bathroom Makeover'?
I am hoping it will be done for real very soon, but for the time being it is such a brighter room...and just with lashings of white paint.
Ness xx

Blog Archive