Our Living Area And A Bathroom Floor Update

A photo of our living room through our French doors. I have added some pieces in here over the last week and I will show you more images soon. You would notice I don't have a rug down...there is a reason, actually 2 little ones! Through the Summer months I decided it was so much easier to take up our jute rug while the boys are running in and out of these doors covered in grass and the like. It makes it a breeze just to sweep up at the end of each day because the boys run in and out of these doors and carry in bits of everything!
I don't think I have ever showed this view of our living space before. You can see how it works with the kitchen and dining space (I must sort that 'BLOOM' sign out, always moves). I did add the big wicker trunk to the side of the sofa which I am loving...anyway, bathroom floor update....
Mic was away for work all weekend, and while he was gone I pulled up the lino to discover lovely Tasmanian Hardwood floorboards like the rest of our house, and they are in fairly good condition. There was a patch though that had really old newsprint on it. I tried to take a detailed shot for you...you may be able to make out the print! Well I sat for hours with a chisel, scrapping this stuff off!!

This is what it all looks like this morning.
I wont be able to do anything in here much this week as I have lots on with other jobs, but I will be hoping to get some gaping etc done on the weekend ready for a coat of BIN primer as there are some old stains here and there that will bleed through my top coat if I don't seal them properly. I am happy to leave them raw for now.
Hope you have a lovely day.
Ness xx

Blog Archive