Tablescape ... for a celebration ...

Draping a table ... is one of my favourite style ...have to say ...my fabric collection definitely comes in handy ...

... the universal magic of ... whiteware ... it fits right in with what ever the color you want to work with ... no wonder I love whiteware ... and 'am sure super partial towards it ... :)

... I had a beautiful matka silk yardage ... earth tone ... with a block print motifs ... that I decided to use here ...



... the glow of gold in the tablescape ... are accents I use very often ... you can even see them in my Diwali 2009 banner ... with a pink silk fabric ... what are they you may ask ... :) ??? ... well how about I let you guess ... I'll look forward to your guesses in my comment section ... and I'd love to share the story of these gold leaves ...






... the setting ... is off centred on my round dining table ...and anchored by the flower vase ... the pillar candles add the drama of candle light ( I love ... I love ... I love candle light) ... the gold leaf accents and the tealights are randomly scattered ... tucked in here and there are a few greens ...


... Oh! yes ... I had help ... help that couldn't quite decide what was more exciting ... lighting the candles or blowing them off ... ;)

... O.k heres a secret ... even if I have enough seating I love buffets ... I can go beserk with the table setting ...




... especially when I just drape the table with yardages ... I scrunch up the fabric add in the accents ... and just place in the bowls ...taureens ... plates and the rest of the table things ...

... earth ... gold ... and white ... I enjoyed doing this tablescape ... hope you enjoyed it too... and found some inspiration for all the festivities and celebrations getting lined up ... I'd love to hear what you felt ... joining in with me ... on my tablescape to celebrate ... :)

Blog Archive