Julia Child at Home




All of you who saw "Julie and Julia" over the weekend raise your hands. It was a cute movie, although I would have enjoyed it even more had it only been about Julia Child. I swear, Meryl Streep is Julia Child, and Stanley Tucci was so fantastic that I now want a Paul Child of my own!

So, in the spirit of the movie that everyone is talking about, I thought it would be fun to see photos of Julia and Paul's former home in Cambridge, Massachusetts. I must admit that I liked the Child's Paris apartment featured in the movie a bit more than their Cambridge house shown here, but, the Paris apartment did not have that famous blue pegboard wall in the kitchen!



The exterior of the gray clapboard house.


The dining room. The painting "Kunming Street Scene" was by Paul Child. Julia and Paul preferred to entertain in the kitchen rather than the dining room.


The Music Room, where recitals were often held with Julia on the piano and Paul on the violin. Again, the painting was by Paul.


The Living Room.


The Pastry Room with the Pantry beyond. Don't you love those copper casseroles?


The famous pegboard wall with Julia's pots and pans. Julia said "We rejoice in the shapes of tools."

(All images from Architectural Digest Celebrity Homes)

Blog Archive