A New Tent Obsession





I love high rise living. I have a doorman; someone is always around to sign for packages; there's a fantastic view out of my windows; and being up high means I have fewer bugs. However, I just learned about something that has made me want to chuck living up high and buy a house with a yard. Why? Because I'm dying to own a tent from Boutique Tents.

Owner Anne Girault started Boutique Tents after being commissioned to design cabanas for a Tara Guerard event. With her background as an interior designer, Girault mines fashion, travel, and textiles for inspiration. Each tent is made to order, and while there are nine different valances from which to choose, Girault welcomes custom design requests. Can't you see one of these tents by a pool or out on your patio? Wouldn't you feel chic lounging or dining in your very own bespoke tent? I know I would.

(For more information, contact Anne Girault at (843) 345-5049 or info@boutiquetents.net)





This tent was designed for an Indian wedding in Charleston. The scalloped trim of the valance and the stenciled design of the ceiling within the tent were inspired by motifs in the wedding correspondence. (Event planner was Blue Moon Event; image courtesy of A. Bryan Photo.)




A tent with tassel trim that now lives sans tassels in a downtown Charleston garden.




The Madeline tent would look smashing as a poolside changing room or cabana. Anne calls this her homage to Palm Beach style.


Love this tent that was used at a wedding.




An entrance tent that led to a lounge tent that led to the dining tent and on to the dancing tent! (Photo by Liz Banfield; event by Tara Guerard)


A tent for a dog. Do you think I should get one for Alfie?

(Image at top: a sketch for a custom tent by Anne)

Blog Archive