Inspiration....

My day was hectic to say the least. Workout in the morning, back home for a Upholstery quote, then a meeting with the Bride to finalise details for the Spring Wedding I am styling, making new living room curtains...and covering my sofa!!!
I am using this home as inspiration for the feel I want our own home to take on - light , bright and airy with loads of texture. We have recently added wicker roman blinds and will soon paint the kitchen white when the rain stops. I love the hint of raspberry in the cushions and the wooden pieces to ground all of the white.
I am still working out details for our bathroom renovation, but the new wall and window has been ordered so I can finally see some light! I would love shutters on the windows like this.
OK, some of you probably think I am mad for covering our sofa by myself, but we just don't have it in the budget with all of the other major things that is going on here. I am making a fitted slip cover very similar to this one, and it is turning out really well. I will post pics once I am done.
The new curtains I have made are in a white twill for over the French doors in the living room and the sunlight through them just lights up the room. I have some chair prints on order in a more contemporary style than this one.

The colour of these curtains is what I replaced them for.
This photo is just lovely. Everything here is right up my alley....I have just realised that this post seems like I am trying to mimic this home. I promise I am not, but looking through some old images of saved homes the other day, I realised just how much this home is what I am after.
I would love to hear what you think of the new scheme I am planning...and have a wonderful weekend.
Ness xx
all images - country living

Blog Archive