Anna - Pakshi ...

Here's something that one of my blog reader ... Iniyaazh ... shared with me, after reading the post ... Yet another one for the ... Abrakophiles ... collecting brass birds ...
I had never heard about this before ... and I loved it so much that I had to share it with all of you ... do read below , the comment Iniyaazh left me ...
Iniyaazh ...
"Lovely collection of traditional brass birds. Very intricate hand carvings.
The birds that look like peacock, I think they are not actually peacocks..The same bird sculptures can be found on the top crown of tall traditional lamps (kuthu vilakku) in South India.
They are known as anna-pakshi ... they are said to be mystical white coloured birds that live in heaven, known for their purity.. so pure are they that if you keep milk mixed with water, they can separate water from milk and drink only pure milk :-)
Not sure how true this is. Neverthless their structure is beautiful, plumes of a peacock and shape of a swan."

Blog Archive