New Designs and an award...

Hope all of you Mummy's had a wonderful Mothers Day with your families. I did and was given some very sweet hand made gifts from the boys, although Mason ate the gift he made for me on Friday...never mind!
I did get some sewing done and remember the vintage linen that I made my roll-up blind with? Well I printed I made some covers out of it for the store.
I tried to use some of the ladder stitch and cut work detailing from the linen and incorporate it into the cover. I also printed my first batch of this new floral design I made. It is based around one of my vintage hankies that was given to me by my late Grandmother. On the linen I just printed it in white off to one side and I think it freshens up the look a little. The backs of these covers is my favourite thick white cotton. I have some more of this linen left and will be making some more things up with it for the shop.

I thought I would give a repeated pattern a go and hand mixed this china blue ink for a white cover with my new floral design on it for my Etsy Store. I love it and it reminds me of a beautiful china plate. The print that is originally on the hankie it came from is very small and petite and I love the scale of this new version of mine and may make some for our sofas. As you can see, it looks so fresh on our newly covered sofas.
By the way, the response from the slipcover post has been wonderful and I have had a lot of requests to cover peoples sofas. I am hoping to do a more detailed post with some easy to follow drawings of how I done it as some of you wanted to try yourself and didn't know where to begin. I will work on the drawings tonight after my bootcamp class.


Oh, I received this Beautiful Blog award from Victoria over at Vintage Girl blog. Thank you so much for this award. I really do appreciate getting these and I know the last few I have been given I haven't posted about, but they were lost in the old computer when it died. Just know I do love them all.
Please stop by Vintage Girl and have a look, I am sure you will enjoy Victoria's blog.
...and don't forget to have a look at my Etsy store and the new covers. Let me know what you think!
Ness xx