Welcome to my beach house...sort of!


Country Living
Welcome to my beach house...if I had one!
The home we are in at the moment would have to be my dream home, I love it...but if I were going to have a beach house - this is what it would look like. Over the next few days I am going to show you what would make my 'Dream Beach House'. I hope you will join me.
First up is the entry....

Sarah Richardson
As you can see in the first image..it is a double story home to take in maximum views of the beach. So, a lovely white railing with dark wood floors would welcome our guests and some sort of slip covered seating. I would change this particular wall lining to beaded board...in white!

Victoria Hagen

I have always wanted to have an entry with enough space to accommodate a round table to hold a huge urn/vase of flowers...what a gorgeous way to be welcomed!

Elle Decor
The wicker market baskets are a nice touch in an entry to grab as you head on down to the seaside farmers markets for more fresh flowers and produce for dinner....
Kari Herer
...blooms like this are always in abundance to fill your vintage vase etc.

Lexington
A huge mirror, or like here - two, would be a beautiful way to bounce light into the entry from the oceans sparkle.

"Dawn Break" - Dawn Reader
I have read that images of calm water are best for a home as they don't create problems...so, this beautiful calm beach scene on canvas would be a perfect image in my entry.

Now, failing a entry big enough to accommodate my round table....a wonderful long console that could hold said vase of fresh market blooms...and plenty of baskets and drawers for keys, flip flops, sarongs and sunglasses - all ready to go!

Tomorrow I will show you my beach house living areas....hope you'll come too!

Ness xx

Blog Archive