Diwali Decor ... and a touch of green ...


A touch of green and tons of lanterns ... I saw the gardener triming the Casurinas, and oh! do I love the dainty leaves ... Sarah ( my daughter) and I picked up basket loads of the trimings ... the size of our takeaways , assured the gardeners ... daughter excused ... the mother has to be nuts ...:)


... O.k so I did use my daughter as an excuse to get all the trimmings and I won't argue about being nuts ... but I just had to use these beautiful casurinas leaves ...
Thoughts are running wild in my head ... and knowing that I may just be using these old lanterns of mine this year again ... I want a new look, though ...

... I'm sure mayur pankhi leaves (sorry, I am not sure of the English name for these) ... could be a great alternative as well ... cause they too look fresh and green for a good few days even without water ...


... emptied the whole basket loads of the greens all over my window ... since these don't whilt away like most other leaves ... I 'm looking to enjoy the decor way before the Diwali day... just to drum up the spirits before hand ... :)

Blog Archive