Loving...blue & white anything!

via porchlight interiors
Anything to do with a blue and white scheme has me captivated. The colour combo is so fresh and seeing that we here in Australia have just started Spring, I thought some blue and white fancy was in order. This first image above shows how well these two work together to create a fresh interior, especially when teamed with wicker and dark wood....my faves!

hound hill design
Which brings me to other blue and white items I love to feature in a room...especially the Ginger Jar!! I am more taken with the patterning like the ones above over the Chinese images you can find quite easily. I think this is why I am having such a hard time tracking them down for my collection.
ralph lauren home
Then I spotted this! This gorgeous fabric by the master of blue and white, Ralph Lauren I recently spotted on Anna Spiro's website in her Portfolio on a chair and some cushions she had done. It is the perfect scale (much larger than this shows) and the perfect patterning to remind me of the Ginger Jars I so love. This is the fabric I want to put on the cushions on our sofa against the ticking I showed yesterday.

anne harwell
In the meantime, while I search for more jars, I have just purchased this beautiful print from uber talented artist and blogger Anne Harwell of Annechovie. I can't wait for its arrival.

etsy.com
So, I went on a hunt for prints of blue and white items and found this little print...not quite me, but it is just so sweet. I am sorry I can't remember who the artist was.

room service
As much as I love Ginger jars, I am really not fussy as to what it is, like these little china balls and pots...

victoria hagen interiors
....and I can settle for plates...and Hydrangeas! I just have this long obsession with this combo as much as the white obsession I have. My wish though is to have a collection like...
anna spiro
THIS!
How can you not admire a grouping like that?
Ness xx

Blog Archive