Textile love ... across borders ...

I do have a few textile pieces, collected over the years ... and you can call them anything ...  from shabby chic to rustic and a few even bohemian ... and I often get some eyes rolling about how I 'm going to use them ... :)
I'm not a style puritan ... jee ... that must be pretty evident by now ... and I get this high when I blend in elements of different style ... and so as I am perking up my nest these days ... I am going to be working with  few of these ...

Here's a piece all Indians have loved on their Rajasthan trips and at all the handicraft stores ... its a a lot of old  pieces embroidered together ...whats amazing is that ... I spread  these pieces on my table to start working with them ... and I picked four similar looking ones ...  How Ironic ... two of them are Indian and two from Pakistan ...



... you would never guess the difference ... the work is that similar in style and workmanship and beauty ... the difference being only political ...


... I'm adding kori shells at the edges ...





... to frame or not to frame ... the project continues ... I think I'll pop in at my framers and see what kind of a job he can do for me with these ... but I know I am looking forward to these on my walls ... :)
Have you ever tried a piece that makes you say ... all no-no and your heart kind of says ... why not ... well ! it very well  may  turn out to being your ... OH! MY GOSH ... I SO LOVE THIS PIECE ... ;)