Project...$5.00 Armchairs!!

I bought two of these chairs a while back for $5.00 each to go in Mics slot car room (the man den!) and had planned on recovering them for him with a ticking in navy and white. But, as we have had to change our rooms around for the sale of our home I have had to use these in the Family Room as one of the sofas from here is now in the Living Room (more on that soon). So, I did have to recover them as this brown tweed fabric was horrible and I had to make it look the part to match the sofa...
SO......
I recovered them!
(you can still see the $5 price label on the arm. It is gone now)

In this lovely white waffle weave fabric which was an unused quilt/duvet cover that never sat properly on any bed. It is such a soft fabric I thought it would work well to cover the chairs. I re used the zippers from the original covers.
They needed cushions to go on them and I had this lovely stripe fabric that my Mum picked up at an op shop for $2.00 for about 6 meters and I have been wondering how I would use it for a while now. I covered some buttons in white linen to match the waffle weave fabric and filled them with poly fill.
So, all up it cost me $10.00 for the chairs, and about .50 cents each for the cushions.
Not bad for about 2 hours work I think =0) I have just made a new canvas for above our sofa to go with these chairs. I will show you it all soon.
Hope you are having a great weekend - I am!
Ness xx

Blog Archive