Beautifully Complicated, Again!

Yep, I am still smitten with the set design from the movie 'It's Complicated'. I have been looking through these stunning images and finding more to love with each view. The detail from the set design by Beth Rubino is perfect. In this shot of the potting shed, above I love that you can imagine someone here covered with dirt, planting little seedlings. It is tidy but not overly organised...I like that!
Now, hows this for an outdoor entertaining area?
Olive trees in weathered pots, lanterns, climbing roses and my favourite feature...those doors!
Imagine sitting here looking over at ...

this!!!
I vow to one day have a veggie patch that is beautiful as this! It may be when I am retired, but thats ok - I would still love one.
Does anyone have one this perfect, well maybe Paul Bangay!

oh, a larder! and a marble island, oh and French doors to the larder, oh and.....
a stunning hallway!
This 'home' is SO very welcoming I would be there all the time offering to buy it from the owner!!One thing I really do like about the most recent sets from Beth Rubino, 'Something's Gotta Give' and 'It's Complicated' is the wicker roman blinds paired with the linen drapes. To me this is so homely as many movies are adorned with bug, luxurious drapes that are either ugly or insanely expensive. This is something that is attainable to the rest of us. Even if you can't afford the linen, you could get away with a painters drop clothed, washed in fabric softener a few times and sewn to look the part.
And speaking of the blinds, these matchstick blinds work for me too.
The more I have been seeing shots with shelves either side of the window, the more I am loving them. Even though we ditched our own ones to open our kitchen, I am thinking in the next kitchen we have, maybe some will 'pop' up ;0) I don't think I could be dealing with all of the appliances on the counter though...I love clean benches!

Oh, and my dear Dad has finished our center island redo and all I have to do is paint, add the handles and make the linen curtain to go along the front then I can reveal. The one above reminded me.

Look what else I stumbled on...the living room from Nancy Meyer's other film and set sensation, "Father Of The Bride". I love this movie too.
These sofas are dreamy and i could imagine curling up on them.
I is pouring rain here and we are getting snow and there is a huge cold front about to hit. We are cozy by the fire though and I have a lot of inside jobs to do this weekend.
I hope you all have an amazing weekend.
Ness xx

Blog Archive