New and free canvas!!

I don't know about you, but on a dark, cold winters day I always find myself making things from whatever is at hand. Like our 'new and free canvas' for the family room. You may remember the canvas that was up here with the magnolias on it (see side bar photo) that my Sister made, well that is now in another room. This canvas used to be the dark grey one that was above our bed (also see side bar photo). I repainted it in Dulux Chalk White USA, which is the white under our chair rail which I have loads of left still.
Then went outside to our Twisted Willow tree and got a big bunch of long, pliable branches. Stripped the leaves off and set to work.
While Mic and the boys were curled up on the sofa watching a movie by the fire, I laid out the branches and sewed them onto the canvas. Now, I actually started with invisible thread, doubled over for strength, but it still snapped. So if you are going to try this I would use fishing line as it is much stronger...I ended up using a cream cotton instead.
That was it. Free, easy and very quick. I think all up it took about 30 mins to sew the willow on and about 10 minutes for the painting (I cheated and used a hairdryer to dry the paint faster).
Here you can see it with my $5.oo chairs that I showed you a few days ago.
Now, it is not my ideal artwork for the space, but we needed something quickly to go here and seeing I will be changing our decor a bit when we get a new house this will have to do =0)
Ness xx

Blog Archive