The Regent Grand Hotel Bordeaux





I can't figure out why I've got such a bad case of wanderlust. Too much work, perhaps? Let's see, in the past month I've written about cooking school in England, a palace in India, and today, we're talking about Bordeaux...the Regent Grand Hotel Bordeaux, that is. I am so taken with the Jacques Garcia designed interiors, especially the rich colors, the abundant use of velvet, and the guest rooms' quirky headboards. It's a heady yet refined kind of maximalism of which Garcia is the master. It might seem odd to be thinking of decadent decorating during the dog days of summer, but if you ask me, there is no off-season for opulence.




It's the combination of colors in this suite that I'm taken with. That and the aubergine velvet sofa.




The perfect place to crash after drinking all of that amazing wine that you're sure to have.



The headboard has such an interesting shape.




This room has accents of black.




The trompe l'oeil wallpaper reminds me of that by Mauny.




Moss green velvet and bullion fringe in l'orangerie.





The lobby with...more velvet.

Blog Archive