Roadside Find...

So today I said I would show you my roadside find. It wasn't exactly a 'roadside' find, more like a out-the-front-of-a-shed find!
I also wanted to show you the Ampersand that my Dad made for me from a sketch I done onto MDF board. You can see it here on my 'new' desk, which was the find mentioned above.
Firstly a closer shot of the Ampersand. It is unfinished at the moment, but I plan on having a go with the grey paint I done the mirror with from yesterdays post and build up on it. The & is
huge and my Sister has had me trace the & so Dad can make her one when he gets back to Sydney!!


...and here is my find. The desk.
I seen it outside one of my haunts and wondered why it was outside in the rain. It had a sign on it "Take away for a gold coin donation". I mentioned it to my Mum, who stopped in there on her way home and she checked it out and sent Dad and I out to pick it up in there little car in the pouring rain may I add!!
It wasn't going to fit in the car so Dad and I used brute force to pull the legs off so we could get home out of the rain. Which worked well as Dad re-built it on the veranda and voila! A gold coin donation desk for my 'new' office!!!
It has flaky varnish on it and needs a makeover too, but I will get to it when I can. It works and the desk top is huge so I am content
...for now!!!
Ness xx
-my Mum and Dad left for Sydney this afternoon so this is just a short post as I have a thumping Migraine from the goodbye and need to sleep....night =0)

Blog Archive