The Method...

After my whirlwind visit to Sydney, I have come back to a more settled approach to my Store and the realisation that I want it to go back to the roots I intended it to be from the beginning.
Always thinking I had to create new, amazing pieces I had got to the point where I was doubting my abilities and did for a while think of stepping away from the whole shop/blogging scene for good.
After a slap in the face from myself and a rummage through my original sketch books I began sewing the other day like I used to...by holding fabric in my hand and going from there. I always find for me this is the best way. Each piece I have made this way has been a best seller. So, at least I know it works.
The cover above is a new one made from this method and I love this. A mixture of beautiful linen, screen printed and paired with white madder stripe in grey, also screen printed.
My love of jewelry has stayed and these wood Ampersands (my all time fave typography) have become brooches and have been getting great responses from people who have purchased saying they get loads of compliments - which is lovely.


I did make this little terracotta bunny brooch too. With his textured tail and heart 'birthmark' he is sooo cute.

This new ring is made of clay and wood and has been hand drawn on in black with a Peony flower.
I have been wearing my own one alot lately.Finally, another new cushion made from the above mentioned technique.
This one sold immediately and I have since added another.
It actually fits a standard pillow insert if it is soft, or a lumbar insert.
The blue ticking on this is heavenly.
If you wish to see more click HERE
So what do you think about my method and the results?
What have you made lately?
Ness xx

Blog Archive