Of peaches and creams ...


I was going through my old pictures and found these ... pictures of the first, apartment my husband and I bought ... after we got married ... budget ... what budget ... the crazy mortgage ... left no such word in our dictionary ... when it came to doing it up ... I had to try all the tricks of the trade to make it look ... well,what you see in the pictures ...


used my own art work on the walls ... a futon ...covered with cream color sheet to ... make up for seating ... oh! my coffee table ... bought three identical pots and a glass top for them ... have to say, it was used more than any other place in the house ... all our friends ... always gathering around the coffee table for some of the best and most memorable moments of my life ...
ignored the mismatched lamps ... my lovely paisley shawls ... doubled up to give a lovely look to a run down old rickety table ...

the Korean hyacinth chairs and my chandelier ... were my only two splurges ... and ofcourse, the pretty mirror was a house warming gift from my mommy dearest ...

all I did was, kept in mind to match the color of my sofa ... and this peach wall just made me feel nice ...
God bless the previous owner ... he left behind this beautiful plant ... and the old and ignored one ... grew soon into a loveable adorable... greenpatch in my drawing room ... along with the monstera in the other corner ... which ... it declared, captured ...and climbed all over it.

And honestly, ... it was so much fun to design with the challenge of a budget or rather no budget ... it made me love every new piece as it got added to the house ... something that I can't experience with a big budget projects .The challenge definitely gived me a high ... and I have to say you can design lovable places ... with limited resourses and budgets.

Blog Archive